Monday 6 October 2014

I Dream of Genie Episode 8

James Monroe Iglehart as Genie, Photo by Cylla Von Tiedemann

Your final wish is granted as Broadway.com and James Monroe Iglehart bring I Dream of Genie to its spectacular, musical finale!

In this week's final edition James answers more fan questions in "Ask a Genie" (and promises to keep answering them on Twitter), with backing music supplied one last time by the talented Jaz Sealey, and conducts some impromptu interviews with the awesome Don Darryl Rivera and the head of Disney Theatrical, Thomas Schumacher!

I love this episode!  "Ask a Genie" was as fun as always, the finale was fabulous, but I absolutely love the interviews!  They just capture the feel that James used to have on The JMI Show and I loved it!  Plus for all the years I've been doing this and all the knowledge I like to think I have about Disney Theatrical, watching this I realised I know practically nothing about Thomas Schumacher!  What a career!!  Bringing Cirque du Soleil to America, Walt Disney Animation (including some of the biggest films of the 90s renaissance era), and, of course, Disney Theatrical - from producing 1997's The Lion King to becoming President in 2003 and overseeing everything that's come since and everything that's yet to come (just watch the show!)

Anyway, that's enough from me, watch, enjoy, and say a big thank you to James and Broadway.com for eight magical episodes.  Now, who do I need to speak to about season 2?

No comments:

Post a Comment